Updated: July 2023
Recently, having an air conditioner has become a need rather than a luxury. As a result, many people have grown up with one in their households. AC service in Phoenix is required to keep an air conditioner in good working order. However, when the system reaches a particular point, it’s time to think about replacing it. Because a new system can be costly, many people put off purchasing one until the old one breaks down. Rather than dealing with this, it is always preferable to replace your system.
Signs that suggest an AC system replacement is needed
Even with the frequent scheduling of an AC repair in Phoenix, a system can continue to wear out and at a faster pace. Here are a few signs to look out for that suggests you need a new system:
- The System Is Older Than Ten Years: The older the system is, the faster it is likely to break down. As the average lifespan of these units is about 15 years, once the system crosses ten years, it will begin to wear out faster. This will result in a frequent need for repairs as the parts begin to deteriorate quicker.
- The System Still Uses Freon: R-22, otherwise known as Freon, which is a refrigerant liquid that was banned in the USA on 1st January 2020. This makes it impossible for systems that were manufactured before that or still use Freon to be refilled. In this case, the only option left is an AC replacement in Phoenix.
- A Lot Of Strange Sounds: If you begin to hear any weird noises coming from the system like whining, banging, or rattling, there is a problem with the unit. It could mean that one of the parts has come loose and knocked into the others.
- Spike In Utility Bill: While it is possible for a spike in your utility bill to be due to some other reason, your AC often requires more energy to function properly. This is because of a decrease in the efficiency level of your unit. Though you can call for AC service in Phoenix, a replacement is more ideal.
- Frequent Repairs Required: There is no issue with having your system repaired. This allows you to have an issue fixed before it becomes worse. However, if you notice that your system needs frequent repairs, especially for the same issue, it is time to call for an AC replacement in Phoenix.
- Imbalance In Temperature: If you notice hot spots around your room, then there is mostly an issue with your system. This could be due to a faulty thermostat or the air filter and compressor being clogged up. Rather than separately investing in a new thermostat that may not be suitable for your system, it is cheaper to have the entire unit replaced.
Providing services to commercial and residential properties, A/C Doctors is a family-owned HVAC company in the business for over twenty years. With affordable prices and 24/7 services, call us to book your appointment today.